Dilemma. Am I wasting time?

Sunday, September 18, 2011 3 comments
Ok. So here's the deal. I have been thinking of giving up my dream of becoming a cinematographer. I am having second thoughts if that's what I really dream of becoming. Is that what I really like? When I picture myself after 10 years, (34yrs old) am I working in a film industry, capturing, framing, movie scenes?

Or is it just the frustration talking..frustration of having no film project for the past 2 months? 

Or is my dream not practical enough?

It is tempting to get a real (9hours) day job-- something to do with graphic design, photography (or production)? BUT once I get this job;  I would probably be submitting my resignation letter after 9 months. That's the problem with me. I get bored easily. 

So here's the plan. Save for a computer laptop. Buy a laptop. Look for online projects (graphic design, video editing etc) while filming when the project comes. If it doesn't work; day job it is! 

I should start saving. Seriously. It is not how much you earn. It is actually how much you save. 

Sorry if I have been babbling of different unorganized thoughts. Totally confused right now. I guess I have to place my goals and dreams straight. The dream is to become a good cinematographer and photographer. But the real (secret) dream is to go around the world, work with people of different cultures(while having a successful business) HAY BUHAY.

Timer starts now.

3 comments:

  • gobler said...

    same dilemma here. though we shouldn't pull down each other. haha. you are though doing great with your projects. time will come, everything will pour in! :)

    if you are really passionate with what you do, it will bear good things!

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 Piper's Random Thoughts | TNB