Quarter-Life Crisis

Monday, December 12, 2011 0 comments
It's 4:20 am. Still up surfing the internet. I was reading my fb's news feeds when I saw photos of my old grade school friends. And out of nowhere, like I have been hypnotized by my confused thoughts, I messaged a friend (teacher).

hey karen I have a serious question to ask.
HAHA I'm in the peak of my quarter life crisis. haha.

And I have like tried different jobs already, film, photography, corporate, marketing and teaching (not professional teaching though) as in tutoring little korean kids. WAH
:):)

anyway, I'd really like to try teaching again as in sa school. Gusto ko sana ask yung requirements pano kung hindi ka graduate ng educ? dapat ba kumuha muna ako ng units and LET bago magapply? I would ask sana my teacher friends, kaso graduate na sila ng CDE so iba yung process nila. help please :)

omg. an addition to my what-path-to-take list. (Lord, please help me reduce this list)

My 2 favorite things are: kids and speaking in public. I remember it was 3 years ago when I was thinking of this career, it just so happened I tried to apply in an I.T. company (back office) and successfully passed the job interview. Then expectingly, I got bored, so i quit. While I was in the transition of looking for a job, I did freelance graphic designing. One day, out of the blue, my friend called me to be part of a film production and everything else was history.

I have experienced being part of 3 indie films so far. And I feel the adrenaline rushing each and every shoot. 
But...(this is the first time to blurt it out, I have to be honest with myself) I do not see myself directing my own film. 

If it wasn't for that phone call, I wouldn't consider taking a career in the film industry. But don't get me wrong, I thank God for that phone call; I totally love coming to work everyday. And I really really love watching different types of films.

I'm still building that courage of letting go all the opportunities from film production-- just like getting to meet the coolest people. But I ain't giving up in finding what I really want to do with my life.

I always say I have fun with this type of job (prod assistant). The production set is my happy place. 

But with my almost one year of teaching Korean kids experience, It wasn't only fun...i.experienced.fulfillment.as.well. And now I am day dreaming of having my own little preschool.



I know, it may be different teaching in a bigger school, but I wouldn't know the difference if I didn't try right? ;)

I'm not giving up website design though (the perfect sideline)

 Here's a good read: 11 things to know at (25ish) 
You Have Time to Find a Job You Love.Get Out of Debt and Stay Out of Debt.Don’t Rush Dating and Marriage.Give Your Best to Friends and Family.Get Some Counseling.Seek Out a Mentor.Be a Part of a Church.Find a Rhythm for Spiritual Disciplines.Volunteer.Feed Yourself and the People You Love.Don’t Get Stuck.
:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 Piper's Random Thoughts | TNB